Sharp is certainly one of the premier kitchen appliance companies. Their microwave lineup is quite large, with many different options to choose from. The SuperSteam is a combination standard microwave, steamer, and convection oven that really gives you the capability to cook just about any recipe you can think of.
Check The Price
You can break away from the typical foods prepared by microwaves and move to more healthy choices. Steaming, browning, and crisping are things you can do to not only provide a lot of flavor but also leave most of the health benefits intact.
Note: If you are not sure what you need, check out our Microwave Oven Buying Guide to learn more. Next you will want to check out our Microwave Oven Reviews to get more options from our list of the Best Convection Microwave Ovens.
Here is a rundown of the main features you will find on this all-in-one model:
- Microwave option gives you a lot of speed and convenience when heating/reheating food items
- Superheated steam/convection option will actually brown and crisp for tremendous flavor benefits
- LCD display is easy to read, easy to set automatic options
- 1.1 cubic foot interior can fit many different dishes and foods
- 11 variable power levels, sleep mode, and a 24 hour clock
- Comes with 2 baking trays, 2 nonstick racks, a steam basket, a cookbook, and a guide to get you started
A Different Way To Cook In Your Kitchen
If you have ever steamed any of your meals then you know how it can really preserve the nutrients as well as taste. It’s a much more natural, gentle way to prepare food than a standard microwave oven. You will have moist results without really having to add anything extra. Plus, the SuperSteam cookbook will give you a lot of ideas that you might not have even considered.
The Sharp built in kit gives you the option to install it in a 30 inch wall oven cabinet. You can free up quite a bit of counter space by doing this but it isn’t required. The SuperSteam will fit nicely on a countertop or in a cart if needed. The stainless steel appearance lets it blend in nicely with just about any modern home decor.
It is highly rated on the 19 different consumer reviews we were able to find online. In fact, it scored an average of 4 out of 5 stars. While there were a lot of different comments we have listed the ones that stood out and were consistent across several different reviews.
- Convection works exactly as it should, browns perfectly
- Looks awesome on your counter
- Uses less energy than your standard microwave
- No spinning turntable on the microwave so you need to stir up more often
- Lighting sub par for a machine at this price
The Sharp SuperSteam is one of the most versatile microwave ovens available today. It gives you the ability to quickly heat and reheat food as well as steam, brown, and crisp. While it is more expensive than your standard microwaves are, it really can do so much more. You have to ask yourself if this is something you will use to the fullest. If not then you should opt for a less expensive model. Click here to check pricing and read more about it at our recommended online supplier.